Vapor Couture Review
Vapor Couture Review
This is Barbie and Bratz dolls all over again… but for the smoking adult population.
Vapor Couture is V2 Cigs’ new line of e cigarettes specifically designed for females and – perhaps – for the same crowd of women who subscribe to more affluent luxuries.
If we may express our candor, we admit to a difficult time writing this review because:
1) We’re generally not into appearances. With e cigarettes, we care about functionality, not so much its looks and colors.
2) The high prices, which are detailed below, and gaudy, overbearing site design are a psychological gimmick.
3) We just can’t justify the purchase when we’re not getting “bang for your buck”, so to speak.
4) Check every other review site, and Vapor Couture is languished with only positive comments… one site even went as far as giving its price a 5-star rating. 5 stars for the price? We think not, and we call BS.
5) Maybe we’ll get flack for this, but the entire site design and graphics scream “stereotypical, fashion-focused, Kim Kardashian-like female”. Look at the females on the cartridges page… they look like the prostitute-like Bratz dolls many parents actually buy for their daughters!
Well… it’s a give or take.
If you’re into dressing up your e cig and making it look very high-end, then Vapor Couture may be what you’re looking for. Read through our review and agree with us or agree to disagree.
Price – 1.5/5
Currently, there are 3 types of starter kits/bundles:
The Essentials includes 2 batteries, 10 cartomizers, and 2 chargers. Price? A painful $99.95.
The Deluxe has 2 batteries, 10 cartomizers, 2 chargers, 1 clutch, and 1 bracelet with charm. $149.95.
The Deluxe Sampler has 2 batteries, 20 cartomizers, 2 chargers, 1 clutch, and 1 bracelet with charm. $159.95.
Update: Perhaps others complained about the steep prices. The new prices are:
Essentials Kit – $79.95
Deluxe Kit – $129.95
Deluxe Sampler Kit – $149.95
Replacement batteries are $24.95, formerly $29.95. Mind you, this is a battery with only 150 mAh.
5-packs of cartomizers are now $12.95, formerly $14.95, making each carto $2.59.
Customer Service – 5/5
No issues here. V2, after all, is known for superb customer service, and we’ve experienced that firsthand.
Warranty – 3/5
Where do we even begin? We’re so tired of dealing with dishonest practices.
If you read our V2 review, you know exactly where we stand on warranties with deceptive wording. And, once again, V2 as Vapor Couture is pulling the same “lifetime warranty” shenanigan.
Unlike Safe Cig’s real lifetime warranty, your Vapor Couture lifetime warranty is really just for 5 replacements.
Plus, in order to claim the warranty, a cartridge purchase must have been made within the last 90 days.
Selection – 2.5/5
Limited for now since there are really only 4 colors (platinum, deep purple, rose gold, and white) to choose from, but we’re very eager to see what VC will offer next. If played right, Vapor Couture could really take off, and we might just change our opinion of the company.
There are 4 cartomizer flavors: Bomb Shell, Rodeo Drive, Fresh Mint, and Passion Fruit. Looks like more flavors are coming soon.
No e liquid. Yes to clutches and charm bracelets. Fluff.
One very important feature to point out is the original V2 Cigs and Vapor Couture are NOT compatible, which, if you read the reviews for the Couture starter kits, was a surprise and a disappointment. No parts are interchangeable, which is quite unfortunate (and quite a money trap if you ask us) since V2 wants to keep the two very separate, and so they can charge the exorbitant prices for Vapor Couture.
Skip this. Unless you MUST have the purple/diamond/rose-colored batteries or cartomizers, skip it. Or, you can find a company that offers skins… therefore, you can save your hard-earned dollars for an e cigarette that is half as much and gives you more for your money.